Corporate Wellness Programs
Workplace Wellness Programs – The key to a more productive work environment.
As a partner of the Keystone Insurers Group, Reed, Wertz & Roadman, Inc is a major advocate of corporate wellness programs. An employee health and wellness program promotes a healthy work environment through the encouragement of preventative healthcare as well as health and nutrition education. Employees spend so much time on the job these days that it has become important for the success of your businesses to support and encourage healthy lifestyles.
Transitioning into a healthy lifestyle is much easier when you have a support team. By encouraging employees to participate in a corporate wellness program, they automatically have a team of supporters – their co-workers. A healthy employee is much more productive, spends less time out of work with health issues and is ultimately a happier person. Such improvements in individual employees will result in better business for you.
A workplace wellness program can include the following benefits:
- Increased morale and loyalty
- Increased productivity
- Reduced absence
- Reduction in chronic health issues
- Reduced injuries
- Lower health care costs
- Reduced use of health care benefits
- Reduced workers comp/disability
- Positive perception in community
- Reduced turnover
- Better recruitment for skilled employees
Implementing a workplace wellness program provides employees with the moral support and encouragement required to successfully improve their health. We understand that it may seem difficult to get your staff psyched about participating in a wellness program, so we have outlined a few strategies to encourage involvement:
- Offer a discount on health insurance premiums and reduce co-payments or deductible paid for employees who participate in screenings or a certain number of educational activities each month
- Subsidize or reduce gym membership costs for employees who participate in a minimal number of days per week
- Waive co-pay or reimburse for preventive healthcare visits
You can embellish your workplace wellness program with some of our following services (pricing varies):
- Smoking Cessation Classes (no charge)
- Ergonomic Evaluations and Safe Lifting Practices
- On-Site Flu Vaccines
- Basic First Aid
- Wilderness First Aid Basics
- Sport Safety Training
- Child and Babysitting Safety
We also provide and promote a plethora of activities, classes and in-services for your wellness program. Below is a small sample of what we suggest for your workplace wellness program:
- Include nutrition articles in your company newsletter
- Form a support group to help employees who are trying to lose weight
- Support lunchtime walking/running clubs or company sports team
- Educational sessions led by a Physical Therapist on healthy posture and helpful stretching
- Provide pamphlets and classes on stress management and mental health
- Provide pamphlets and classes on work life balance, such as financial planning, childcare, parenting, elder care, etc.
Reed, Wertz & Roadman, Inc wants your business to succeed, and we are firm believers in workplace wellness programs. Contact us today for further wellness program ideas for your company!